INDICATIONS: – Mospodox is a brand of Cefpodoxime, which is an oral, third generation cephalosporin antibiotic. It is active against most gram positive and gram negative organisms. Mospodox is indicated for the treatment of patients with mild to moderate infections caused by susceptible strains of the designated microorganisms in the conditions listed below.
- Acute otitis media
- Pharyngitis and/or tonsillitis.
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis.
- Acute, uncomplicated urethral and cervical gonorrhea
- Acute, Uncomplicated ano-rectal infections in women
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections
- Acute maxillary sinusitis.
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections.
DOSAGE:-Adult and Children age 12years and above:-100mg–400mg 12 hourly
Children below 12years: The recommended dose is 10 mg/kg/day of suspension in two divided doses, as 5 mg/kg every 12 hours